Sunday, May 30, 2010

Finally

So I finally met the girl yesterday, Briar & her mom Sonya. I did not expect her to look so mature! Well, I mean, she's not, but she's really tall. She was towering over me with her heels and everything. Nonetheless, it was ok i suppose. She is definitely not fond of talking. To some degree, I'd have to say it was a little awkward.



Anyways, I showed her my ideas in real life, and she liked it. However, she didn't want that. And explained to me what she wanted. I just pulled out my sketchbook and gave it to her to draw it out herself. What was it? Basically what I drew sans-lace. Hello! You could've told me that straight up easily.


There was a reason for me adding the lace. It would've looked so much better and not so plain. Whatever, she didn't want it. However, there will be lace across the middle instead. I think I undercharged her. $200 customized alteration that has included material? That's so good...for a buyer. For a seller, I feel like I should've pushed for $250 at least. Oh wells.

So I finally got a chance to see the Halston Heritage Collection that was being raved about. Some of the dresses in the 2010 S/S Collection:





These dresses in real life? BARF. Looking at them on the racks, super gorgeous. The material that was used was so light and flowy, ultra perfect for the summer. The colours for definitely a very bright pop! but it wasn't so much in your face.

Bad side of the collection? Well, first of all, this suits the tall and tiny people. What do I mean by that? Easy. The length of these dresses are meant for taller people, otherwise they drag it to the ground. Tiny? Well, if you're a little thick, the dresses make you look like a big fluff ball. There's a lot of layers and elastic that is located in a spot that is not too flattering. (refer to the orange dresss) of course you can add a belt to it to cinch the waist, but still, the effect of it makes a person look like a big ball.

I tried on this hot neon pink chiffon dress. It felt so nice. I put it on and oh my. It was definitely not something that was for me. I felt like a gospel singer with the robes on in a choir. It was not pretty at all.

However, I did manage to find this ultra cute LBD. I'm going to wear to my commencement! It's so chic and effortless, I absolutely loved it the moment I put it on. The best part? I didn't need to pay $200 for the dress. I scored it for a little less than $100.


The Bay is seriously my new favourite shopping destination. The clothes selection that they offer are so beautiful. Where else am I going to find the entire colletion for Ralph Lauren? I have this skirt for me on hold in black, it's such a nice unique take on the high waisted skirt. It's not your average flat-front one. Oh no, it's one where there's a little bit of draping and some cinching. It's beautiful. Only problem? Oh damn, it's all the way at Yorkdale. How terribly sad.

So what do I do instead? I call them to extend the hold.

Last note, I think I will dress up this friday. I'm going to be a superb disney character for the banquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment